Tuesday, December 4, 2007

How Strange

Ok, so I was sitting at the bank drive-through today when I noticed the first snowflake. Just one. And then another and another. I thought to myself, IT'S SNOWING! My heart actually skipped a beat. To think I could be so joyous over snow.....but I am (at least for now.) This thing that I have been the most concerned about actually made me happy. How strange.

I have concluded that more than anything I am enjoying CHANGE. I guess I was a little bored with the heat....and this is something new.....and festive for the CHRISTMAS season. I've decided, too, that attitude is everything. As long as I'm happy with it it won't make me grumpy. I"ll have to test this theory over the next few months. I'll let you know.

Now I have to decide how early I need to get up in the morning to shovel the driveway so I can get the van out to take the kids to school. By the looks of it, I may need to start soon. This snowfall would have caused school closings in Dallas, but I fear that is not the case here.

I'm sort of laughing at myself, because truly, I have no idea what I'm in for. I am very inexperienced, and it is going to take some time to acquire the right tools. Lucky for me, the people are nice here. I may have to ask for help!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I wish you lived in my city so I could have snow too.

...

I have no doubt that you will love your first winter in Wheaton, not only because it looks so nice but because it is so different than where you grew up. I think you hit the nail on the head - you like the change. You're the same and yet the mirror image of those people from Chicago that move to Texas and rave about the beautiful weather we have all winter. Ohhhh, you're bizarro j-ha!

The Ling Blings said...

I think it really funny that Jeff is calling you bizarro when we all know who is the most bizarro!!!