Thursday, February 19, 2009
Halle takes horseback riding as party of her weekly therapy. It is great for her to grasp the reins, and it takes strength for her to pull the reins to her hip to steer the horse--especially on the right side. Her regular physical and occupational therapists at the hospital have commented on how much the horse-back riding has helped her. It simulates her own walking and she has to learn to sit tall and straight and also hold her core in the center as the horse shifts right to left. She also gains strength by posting (standing) and keeping her balance as the horse moves. Best thing is she LOVES it! She would make my daddy proud.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Guess who will play soccer this spring?
The birthday girl after school.
- Watch Dora non-stop?
- Suck your thumb and hold lovie?
- Want everything to be pink?
- Let Mommy rock you?
- Be my girl?
Now at 6, wanna know the answers?
- She's watching Dora right now, although she doesn't watch it non-stop
- Lovie has been confiscated although she STILL sucks her thumb at night
- Pink is ok, but she'll tell you that BABY BLUE is her new favorite color
- The rocking chair is long gone although I suspect she'd still let me rock her if it were around
- There's NO DOUBT she's my girl!