Saturday, December 15, 2007

The ART of the CARD

Christmas cards. They are a peculiar thing. Sometimes they are just that.....a card. But mostly, they are a greeting with a picture. Usually the picture is of children, and on a few occasions, that is expanded to the entire family. And THESE are the cards I am the most anxious to see!



I guess I got this from my friend, Camey. She said "if the picture doesn't include the WHOLE family, don't bother sending it!" I decided she has a point. And this has much more meaning since I've moved. (Just for the record all you Dallas people, we are interested in seeing ALL of you....not just your kids.)



So I'm curious.....what's your opinion? Vote on the poll and leave a comment here. I guess we'll see who shares in this view!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I voted for the whole family because like you, I'm not only interested in seeing people's kids, I wanna see how much everyone has changed. However, as you prolly know by now, we haven't mailed out Christmas cards the last few years. We're fans of the customized e-card now - much quicker, less hand cramp, and we can procrastinate right up until the day before and it'll still get there on time. We do include a FAMILY pic on it though (and even sweet Amigo).

The Ling Blings said...

My card did include the whole family this year!! However, we did not get a card of your smiling family.....

Anonymous said...

I would take that compaint up with The Colony post office. You were mailed one of 125 limited edition Harris originals. The Lingafelters, Smiths and LaButis have been the first 3 names on our Christmas card list for 6 years running, and this year it was no different! Jeff said he got his on Monday. Hopefully yours will show up. (OK, maybe the fault is mine. I just looked at your mailing label and I left off a digit on your zip code. I guess the PO is trying to figure out exactly where The Colony is. When they find it, your card will follow. If it doesn't show, I'll send you another one! Sorry!!)