Monday, March 17, 2008

Going, Going, ALMOST Gone

We had a slight shift in temperatures late last week resulting in inches and inches of snow slowly disappearing to reveal the still green grass. (That's WEIRD, huh?) The areas that are in the shade or that were piled high with shoveled snow are all that remain white.


I was feeling very optimistic about the warming trend. In fact, Friday was BEAUTIFUL! I didn't even wear a coat--and I haven't been able to say that since November. I think we were near 60 degrees. I seriously saw people in tank tops. Now THAT'S a bit premature, but when you've experienced below 0 temps, 56 feels pretty warm by comparison.

The weekend was pretty blah with temps in the low 40's and not much sun. Today wasn't much better, and boo, hiss, more snow flurries this evening. Luckily nothing stuck. I am not TOO upset as my expectations have been correctly set to expect this sort of thing. I DO think we are out of the "big snow" woods, although I'm sure it could still happen. I'm hoping not.....

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So did you get to run outside yet???

Your consistency and progress is quite impressive! Thanks for the motivation and congrats on the accomplishment so far!!