Friday, March 21, 2008

....and it's BACK!

The snow that is. I went for a lovely run outside yesterday in near 50 degree temps and bright sunshine, but I awoke this morning to winter yet again. That whole "done with the big snow and no more accumulation thing?" WRONG. This white stuff never ceases to amaze me! I'm not even including a picture because my yard looks the way it has for the past 3 1/2 months....covered with snow.

The good news is that we were warned of this sort of thing. Everyone said we'd get a spring day or two and then it would snow again. So, by my calculations, THIS, today, IS that depressing snow we were warned about, and it should be the last of it (right?!?!)

So I leave you with a few random thoughts: please pray for 55 degrees on Sunday, March 30. I don't want to run my first 8K race in snow boots (or require the use of snow skis!)

Secondly, I'm glad that Easter is more than just a day to hunt eggs. That in itself would be deflating in this weather! But celebrating our Lord's Resurrection when he conquered the grave after shedding his innocent blood to cover the sins of the world, well, when I think about that, even in the unwanted snow, I can have a smile on my face! Have a blessed and happy Easter weekend!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

no fair, you get a white christmas and a white easter?!?

i been gipped.

Jenny said...

mother nature is breaking you in...she can't just take away all your snow at once!