Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Room with a View

It snowed again. A lot. It's so pretty watching it snow through our patio doors. I took a picture for perspective.



I also want to report the snow chair people sitting in our adirondack chairs. There were no people there yesterday, but this morning I looked out and noticed them. I wonder if they are waiting for the sun to come back?



I wonder how long it will take me to get used to the idea that it literally could snow at any moment here? Snow in Dallas is such a rare occurrence that when the snow is coming, everyone talks about it, watches for it, and goes into hibernation because of it.

On Sunday I went to Costco. I was inside about an hour. I walked out and to my surprise, it was snowing great big flakes. A huge smile broke across my face and I felt giddy. I'm just like a kid!! The weather report said it was supposed to snow on Monday, so the snow on Sunday was a completely welcome, unexpected surprise! I was disappointed that it didn't last more than an hour.

On Monday as I was getting ready for our New Years Eve party, the promised Monday snow arrived. For some reason I was expecting it in the morning, so when looked up from my ham sandwich making after lunch and saw the large flakes yet again it made me happy! And it has been snowing since!!!! I'm not sure how many inches we're into this snow, but it sure is beautiful!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

wheeee!! and now i'm giddy with you! just love when everything is pretty and white. keep enjoying it for us snowless texans!