Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

We rang in the New Year with lots of people at 11:oo pm (we watched NY on cable.) After all our friends left, we let the boys stay up 23 extra minutes for the real midnight. Now that the new year is here, what are we gonna do with it?

This sounds so cliche, but I'm going to run more. I have decided that I would like to run a marathon at some point in this lifetime. I believe I will make it happen. I plan to at least run a half-marathon this year. This is a pretty lofty goal for me as my personal running record has topped out at 5.5 miles and that just took place 2 days ago. Prior to that I was running only 2 miles at a time! Running 13.1 miles sounds daunting--especially as I sit here with sore muscles from running. But I will train and I will make it happen.

So let's hear it....what are you planning to accomplish this year?

2 comments:

The Ling Blings said...

I would love to run more too! Unlike your 5 miles I topped out at a whopping 2! Maybe we could be virtual running partners through our blogs?!!!

Jenny said...

me too! me too! let's be cyber running mates and then we can pick a real race somewhere between the colony and wheaton. anyone up for a trip to, say, south-west missouri? :)