Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Bird

OK, funny story! Tonight I was laying by the fire with the kids and I heard some commotion overhead. The boys screamed, "Mom, there's a bird in the house!" I looked up to see a small bird take flight from the fake plant I have on top of the armoire housing our tv and land on another plant in the kitchen. WHAT? A bird?? How in the world did THAT get in here?

And then I remembered the story that Johnny told me Monday night. (Yes, count it up....this is 2 days later!) As he opened the front door after work on Monday night, he realized that a bird had taken up residence in the basket of flowers I have hanging on the front door. It was flustered (and so was he). Evidently it slightly attacked the top of his head, and he believed that it flew away. I'm guessing THAT was the moment that it flew into the house.

I'm sure we could have won a comedy award as we all attempted to shoo the small, scared bird out of the house! We finally prevailed and he flew out the front door. I'm sure he was thrilled to have escaped....until he realized that he left our warm environment and headed straight into the snow. Poor guy. And to think that he was in our house for 2 days and we didn't even know it!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

"slightly attacked" John's head??? oh dear.

Happy Thanksgiving Has. ;-)