Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'm Running a Marathon!

I'm going to do it. I'm going to run a marathon. But it's not all about me. It's about raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. You see, my sister's boyfriend, Ryan (click on his name to read his story), was diagnosed in January with Hodgkin's lymphoma. I've been toying with running a marathon, and when I found out that I could raise money for cancer research and support Ryan at the same time, well, it pushed me off the fence!

And to make this endeavor even SWEETER, I will have the privilege of RUNNING FOR RYAN with two of my sisters, Janda and Autumn! Janda lives in Oregon, and Autumn lives in California, and here I am in Illinois! You may wonder how we are going to train and run together? Well, TNT makes it easy! They help us train, raise funds, and give us the encouragement that it will take to help us to complete our race! I figure that the pain I will experience from logging hundreds of miles it won't even come close to what Ryan has endured these past few months! And I can't wait to grow closer and experience this with my sisters!




We will run the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco on October 19, 2008! Between the three of us, we need to raise close to $15,000! We need YOUR help to reach this goal! Please click on the links below to make a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in support of TEAM RHEA to help fund the research that will ultimately lead to a cure! Thanks so much, and make sure to check back often to track our progress! (And pray my hip agrees with all the running!)

GO TEAM RHEA!!!!!!!!!

Make a Donation to TEAM RHEA for Jennifer

Make a Donation to TEAM RHEA for Autumn

Make a Donation to TEAM RHEA for Janda

3 comments:

Janda said...

See who's behind now!! I should have my donor page up soon so you can link to it too. And then we'll put all three up on Ryan's blog. Yea, Team Rhea!

The Ling Blings said...

That is awesome Jennifer!! I heard that is one of the coolest marathons to run.

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet! Thanks for the plug!

Love ya, love ya, love ya!!!!

Autie