Monday, February 25, 2008

Still Snowing

Just in case anyone was wondering, it's snowing again. I have never seen so much snow in my whole life. Although it is still peaceful and pretty, this is the first time it's snowed that I didn't get that little happy skip in my heart.

I really don't mind the snow....it's just that I've been running, A LOT, and the treadmill is getting a bit boring. I want to run outside! I want to hit the Prairie Path. I want to run sprints on the track. I want to run for miles and miles and not see a building standing tall....(no wait! That's the Dixie Chicks! Sorry, I got carried away!) I want to get on Johnny's bike and ride for an hour. (Yes, Johnny's. Mine was swiped years ago and never replaced!)

Could I do all of these things in the snow? Well, yes. In fact, I see people out running in this snow all of the time. Blame it on my Dallas legs or lack of warm running clothes, but I just couldn't go out in it. If I keep up the running craze, by next winter I'll be ready to run in the cold. But for now, it's just me and my treadmill. And I need a change of scenery.

I have to say, though, that this snow was beautiful. It's the really wet, heavy kind that sticks to all the trees. They are stunning when covered with white. But today, I found myself searching for a hint of green......

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Sounds like what you need is a change of scenery. Maybe since you're running inside you should just redecorate? Try hanging some pics of the Prarie Path next to the treadmill.

Anonymous said...

It was a balmy 65 here today! Soccer practice in shorts!

I'm envious of the snow, though.