Sunday, February 10, 2008

Birthday, American Girl Style

We celebrated Halle's birthday at the American Girl store in downtown Chicago. Although we've lived here for 8 months now, this is the first time that Halle has been to THE store! She's been asking to go for months!! Halle had picked out a Just Like You doll in the magazine that they so kindly sent to our house, so when we got there, she headed straight for the display.
Since this was her "party" we invited her very best friend, Brianna, to go with us! Here is Halle with her new doll, Alyssa, and Brianna with her doll, Felicity.

I think she likes her.....

Nana, Halle, Alyssa, Brianna, Felicity and I (Halle's mom) had tea at the AG Cafe.

They had special seating for the dolls....

...and they got to enjoy tea as well.

Here is Halle enjoying her hot cocoa.

As a side note, February 10, 2008, was the coldest day I've ever lived through. It topped out at 9 degrees which was not far from the low of 4. The wind was blowing 90 miles an hour (maybe a slight exaggeration, but I don't think I'm far off) so the wind chill was in the negatives. Seriously, you almost couldn't breathe. These are NOT the conditions that I would have chosen for the day we went into downtown Chicago. But although a seat in front of the fireplace was very inticing, even the cold couldn't keep me from celebrating Halle's birthday with her at this special place. I LOVE that girl!

1 comment:

The Ling Blings said...

Happy Birthday Halle!! How great is it that you got to go to the American Girl Store!!! You looked very pretty in your blue dress too!