Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fallin' for Wheaton

I never knew that I would LOVE fall this much! Seriously, if you had asked my favorite season, I guess I would have said summer. Maybe because it was eternally summer in Dallas. But this weather that we've been experiencing? It's awesome!
September's weather was mild, and October came with more mild weather and the beautiful colors of the leaves. Our daily temperatures were anywhere from high 50's to the high 70's, and nighttime temps could drop as low as high 40's. This left a slight chill in the air, a crisp smell, and a festive atmosphere for our first "real" fall.
And then the leaves started to change color! And everywhere you go it's "raining" leaves! It is so beautiful. As an avid scrapbooker, I've seen so many pictures of kids playing in leaves, and I never really "got it." Well, I get it now! I can't wait to take the kids outside to jump in piles of leaves!

Here are a few pictures of the leaves on their way to full color.


1 comment:

The Ling Blings said...

Jealousy is overcoming your now old neighbor here! I love the fall colors and all the leaves. I think it is supposed to be 80 here on Sat and Sun!