Thursday, October 18, 2007

Good Ole' Abe

Parker had a soccer tournament in St. Louis. Since we were driving down for that, we thought we'd make the most of our new surroundings and make a little stop on the way. We visited the site of Lincoln's home in our new state's capital, Springfield, Illinois.

Here is Abe, our country's 16th President.




Here is my family (minus me as I'm the photographer!) in front of Abe's original home in Springfield. We all know he was born in a log cabin, but he became more affluent before becoming President.




Here is Grayson in Lincoln's backyard. This is the very backyard that Lincoln's own boys played in! I thought his was so cool!



Grayson took this picture of Johnny and me. It's a great picture, and I'm rarely in any of them, so I thought I'd include it. We are sitting outside of a replica of Lincoln's log cabin at the Lincoln Museum.


Here we are with Lincoln and his family. Other than the clothes and the fact that they are statues, we fit right in!

This proved to be a very educational visit as we learned a lot about the life of the Lincoln's. I'm glad we made the stop.


1 comment:

Jeff said...

That house looks like a photoshop trick - the family is tiny! Either that or Abe was alot taller than I realized. Why else would he need a 12 foot tall doorway? Maybe it's his hat...