Friday, August 17, 2007

Why such a Hot Topic?

The WEATHER. Why is everyone constantly talking to us about the weather? When we announced that we were moving North, everyone enlightened us on the winters to come. And now that we're here, everyone snickers and asks if this will be our "first" winter.

While I appreciate the warnings, I think I'm over the conversation. At times, I've gotten myself so worked up that I'm literally scared of cold temperatures. This doesn't seem healthy, so I'm done being concerned. The way I see it, God created the world, and the weather that goes with each part of the country. Sure, it's colder in some parts than others, and warmer in some parts than others, but I'm no longer letting this conversation dictate my mood.

I am stepping up and embracing the fact that God moved us here for a reason, and that the weather doesn't affect that decision at all. We will stay here and thrive here for as long as God sees fit. We just might be thriving from under big sweaters and coats. This is an adventure......want to walk alongside?

I set up this category for those that are interested on how our thin, tanned skin is adapting up North. Check back for updates!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Only you J-Ha...

When people talk about the weather it's because they either don't know each other or because they know each other so well that they have nothing left to talk about. And then there's you... and giving it it's own category???

Sorry for the public forum of this grievance but hey, you're the one who decided to let your comments go unmonitored. Who's silly idea was that?