Saturday, September 13, 2008

New Shoes

Meet the Saucony Hurricanes--my new running shoes.




Only they don't really seem new! See, they're my second pair of the same shoe. I bought my first pair in May and I have officially worn them out. I ran hundreds of miles in them. Lately I noticed that my arches were hurting while running. I also felt that the arches seemed much higher than when I bought them. That was strange because I never owned a pair of shoes that grew taller arches.



Can you tell which ones are new and which ones have been with me for hundreds of miles?


Upon closer investigation I realized that the arches in my shoes hadn't grown, but instead I had worn the outsides of the heels completely out. This made the outsides slant down making it feel as though the arches were tall.

So, since it's getting close to the race, I decided I'd better go ahead and replace my old friends and get a new pair just like 'em so I can get them nice and broken in before the big day. I wonder how many miles they will go?

No comments: